Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ordering Colours

Today I purchased a packet of tampons, but each one had a different color wrapper. I tipped them all out of their box, and spent the next hour organising the colours in a certain relation to each other. I hated the dark colour of the purple ones, and couldn't stand them being all grouped together. I had to arrange them so that each colour did not sit next to or adjacent to another of the same colour, or a similar colour. There wasn't an even amount of each colour some I couldn't come up with a formula. I was unable to do this to my satisfaction.

Blue
Pink
Green
Purple
Turquoise
Orange dark
Orange light




2 comments:

  1. Are you aware of this mathematical formula?

    http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Four-ColorTheorem.html

    It's nice to meet you! I'm following you now.

    www.itsmewithocd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete